Silver powder is widely used in electronic paste as a conductive filler. To supply the electronic paste that was less expensive, copper powder has been tried without much success because copper powder oxidizes too quick. The solution created for these two problems is to Silver plate the copper powder thus reducing cost and oxidizing at the rate of silver instead of copper.
JEP has been Silver Plating Copper powder for over 25 years for various customers. The silver content of the finished product is normally between 3.0-3.5% but JEP is willing to work with any customers that would like a different percentage. JEP will work with the customers to develop a plating process that matches their individual copper powder but it has been proven that certain sizes and configurations of copper powder plate the best.
Benefits of Silver Plated Copper Powder
- Much less expensive than using pure silver powder
- Can change Silver concentrations per customer requirements
- Can be used as electronic paste conductive filler or added to paint, ink, glue, plastic, rubber, etc. as a conductive filler
- Used in the manufacturing of carbon brushes and in the electronics, communications, printing, aerospace, etc. industries
Silver Plated Copper Powder Specifications:
- JEP will work with customers to make company specific specifications as needed
Silver Plated Copper Powder Abilities:
- 25# of copper powder per load
Feel free to request more additional information