Jamestown Electro Plating Providing Quality Finished Pieces for over 90 Years
Today, Jamestown Electro Plating routinely provides the aerospace, automotive, electronics and construction industries with nineteen finishing processes and seventeen active plating lines. This is the capacity of a quality-oriented company that has spent over three-quarters of a century forming itself into a highly efficient, first-class plating provider.
Since 1921, when it was begun by three Johnson brothers as the Star Plating Works, this business steadily grew with the country and its developing technologies. The company began as a nickel plating company exclusively until it moved to its present site in 1924 and built an addition four years later to additionally accommodate both chrome and copper plating cycles. By 1929 the company was incorporated under the name Jamestown Electro Plating Works, Inc. marking its effective beginning as a job plating organization.
Over the next quarter of a century, the plant saw a variety of expansions and then, in 1953, a completely new plant to eventually accommodate the addition of zinc, cadmium, tin, silver, aluminum anodizing, lead, and indium plating departments. During this time, the company was purchased from the founding Watson family by Lawrence Davis.
During the ensuing thirty years, the company continued building its plating business and confronted the challenges of facing emerging environmental awareness that emerged nationwide. The company had sophisticated waste treatment systems in place by 1966.
By 1984 the company had outgrown its structure once again. The original structure was demolished to make way for a new building that could further house an expanded zinc line. In 1984 Jamestown Electro Plating Works was sold to its present owner, John R. Churchill, who promptly purchased adjoining properties for future expansion.